Dance - Summer Holiday Work
Yr13 - A2 Dance
- Purchase Book – Alvin Ailey: A Life in Dance. Author: Dunning, Jennifer
- Read chapter 1 – 5 (p1-51)
- Make notes about Ailey childhood and upbringing.
- How was Lester Horton and why was he so significant in Ailiey’s life?
- Read over class notes on section 1-7 in Zero Degrees (Khan & Cherkaoui, 2005)
- Make revision cards for all 7 sections
- Revise sections on a) Source, b) Devices/Form c) Sectional Structuring and d) Interpretation OF EACH SECTION
There will be a test in the first week of your return to assess your understanding and commitment to the course. The test will be based on short answer questions.
Yr12 - A level Dance
- Using the information given to you in the taster sessions on The Rambert Dance Company. Read the information and research more about the company so you have a basic understanding of the company. In the first week back as part of your suitability test, you will be asked to recall your knowledge in a written task.
- To assess your suitability for A level dance. In the first 2 weeks you will analyse a phase of movement in the style of Richard Alston and be expected to rehearse and develop your movement in a time frame. You will be able to access/view Alston’s works on YouTube to get familiar of his style before we start back.