- The course is work related. All the topics you learn relate to the skills and knowledge you will need in the workplace.
- The course is practical. You will learn how to apply your knowledge, both on your own and as a member of a team, to develop your skills and abilities.
- The course is topical. There are links between the course and the world around you. For example, there may be programmes on television and items in the news which relate to your studies.
- The course. The course consists of 3 units:
- Unit 01 – Role and work of Public Services
- Unit 02 – Working skills in the Public Services
- Unit 03 Employment in the Public Services
- Unit 05 Health, fitness and lifestyle in the Public Services
- There is one exam This is a one hour paper based on unit 01. You will also complete coursework or assignments for the other three units set by your teachers, based on learning outcomes set by Edexcel. The assignments will be given to you through the year, and each will have a deadline.
- Coursework or assignments. These will include research projects, production of effective notes / reports, participation in team activities and presentations etc.
- Assessment. You will achieve Pass, Merit and Distinctions in your assignments. You will then be awarded an overall Pass, Merit or Distinction for the whole course.
- Teaching. The course is taught by Mrs Hawley. Lessons will include the teaching of theory and coursework both inside and outside the classroom together with organised visits.
- Homework. Expect to work at home, both during the week and at weekends, and plan for this around your other commitments. It’s unrealistic to think that you can complete the course without doing much at home.
- Qualification. Is equivalent to one GCSE. On successful completion of the qualification, learners can progress to employment and/or continue their study in the same or related area, for example, the BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Public Services.